Everyone has a role to play in combating antibiotic resistance.
Here are some easy steps you can take to make a difference:
- Only take antibiotics when you need them. Never demand an antibiotic from your doctor for you or your child.
- When possible, only buy meat and poultry products sold by companies with responsible antibiotic use policies. Look for labels that say organic, raised without antibiotics and no antibiotics ever. Learn more.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- Listen to our monthly podcast.
- Learn more by visiting our sister sites: SuperbugsAreNotFunny.com & AntibioticsAndYou.org.
- If you are you a health care professional, consider joining the Health Professional Action Network managed by our friends at USPirg.
Share what you learn with friends, family members and colleagues.
Tell Us Your Story
We're developing a network of people who are personally connected to the issue of antibiotic resistance.
Have you or a loved one ever been personally affected by an antibiotic resistant infection?
Are you a doctor, nurse, or health care provider helping patients understand when they need an antibiotic and when they don't?
Are you a chef or food service provider committed to sourcing meat and poultry raised with no or limited antibiotic use?
Are you a parent or family member who wants to ensure antibiotics work for generations to come?
Are you a farmer committed to using antibiotics responsibly (or not at all)?